Our admissions process has been designed to help parents discover what is unique about a Waldorf education. Choosing a school for your child is an important and thoughtful decision, involving many steps – asking questions, reading, visiting, filling out forms, meeting with faculty and students. It is a thorough process that provides parents with the opportunity to gain an understanding and appreciation of our school and Waldorf education.
Please see our Admissions Process below for more details.
Thank you for your interest in our school. After reviewing information about the school and meeting with the Admissions Coordinator for an introduction, we hope that you will choose to apply. The application procedure is as follows:
- Application: Complete the application form and parent questionnaire (Click Here) and submit both documents to the Admissions Office. You may call our Admissions Coordinator for an application packet or download an application online.
- Submission of Previous School Records: Students entering kindergarten through grade 12 must submit a signed Records Release form along with the application materials.
- Parent/Student Interview: Upon receipt of the application, the parent(s) and child will be scheduled to meet with two teachers for an in-depth discussion of the school’s program and your child’s educational background.
- School Visit: Your child may be invited to spend one to three days with the class, before or after the interview.
- Acceptance: You will be notified by mail regarding the status of your child’s application within 10 business days following the interview.
- Admissions Meeting: The final step, which must be completed before your child may begin attending class, is to meet with the Admissions Coordinator and/or Business Manager. At this time you will complete the enrollment packet (emergency card, health registration form, etc.), the tuition contract, make an initial payment and finalize your financial arrangements with the school. Students will not be allowed to attend classes or participate in school functions without parents having completed this paperwork.
We accept applications throughout the year.
We offer Pre-K classes for children 2-4 years old. Our Kindergarten classes are mixed ages for children between 3-6 years. Children in the 2 Day Preschool program do not need to be potty trained.
Class placement and acceptance to the school depend on the child’s academic, developmental and social progress.
The Waldorf School reserves the right to evaluate each student’s readiness for and placement in Early Childhood Program classes and our Grades program.
New enrollments are conditional for eight weeks.
Our Aftercare Program has evolved out of the need to provide childcare for working parents. In offering this service we strive to maintain a continuity of the school’s pedagogical approach. For registration and information, please contact the Admissions Coordinator.